Family Support Services
We provide services to anyone four years of age and older who lives in Catoosa, Chattooga, Dade, or Walker Counties and who are in need of Mental Health and Addictive Disease Treatment.
Family Supports is a program through the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities of the State of Georgia. This program serves the Catoosa, Chattooga, Dade, and Walker Counties. We help individuals and their families stay together by helping to fund community integration activities, supported employment, dental/vision/medical care, environmental (home) modifications, special medical supplies, and more!
This is a NEED-based program. Once accepted into the Program, we evaluate each family’s needs and wants. We work to cover each family’s top priority need first – then if the funding allotment from the State of Georgia allows, we work to cover secondary wanted goods and services.
Family Supports is NOT an entitlement program, meaning we cannot guarantee each request will be approved and fulfilled.
Qualifying Individuals must:
- Be at least 4 years of age or older
- Have an official diagnosis of a developmental disability, intellectual disability, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and/or a severe, chronic disability such as cerebral palsy, Spina Bifida, or Muscular Dystrophy prior to age 22
- NOT have a Medicaid NOW/COMP Waiver (the Katie Beckett Waiver is allowed)
- Live with their family (Family is defined as biological or adoptive parents, extended family, legal guardian, or a person acting in place of a parent or family member) full time
To apply for Family Support Services, please fill out all the Application and Agreement and include at least two (2) of the following documents (the more the better):Family Supports Application
- Supporting Documents of Diagnosis
- Psychological Evaluation (most recent)
- School Individualized Education Plan (Finalized, not a Draft)
- Functional Limitations Evaluation from Occupational or Physical Therapist
- Medical Verification
- Social Security Disability Benefits Award Letter
- Other: Related Diagnosis Documentation
- Copies of the Following Documents to Prove Citizenship – Birth Certificate, Adoption/Guardianship Papers, Social Security Card, etc.
Once completed, email the Family Support Services Application AND Agreement with supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail the documents to:
ATTN: Vanessa Hawkins
1427 Lee Clarkson Road
Chickamauga, GA 30707
What can the Family Supports Program pay for?
- Recreational and Community Integration Activities Include
- Tennessee Aquarium Family Membership
- Summer Camps
- YMCA Family Membership
- Karate Classes
- Play Therapies
- Equine Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and other Behavior Therapies
- Dental, Medical, and Vision Assistance*
- Regular Check-ups and exams
- Dental extractions, fillings, crowns, etc.
- Nursing Services
- Medical Procedures
- Hearing Aids
- Glasses and lenses
- Environmental Modifications
- Door Widening
- Bathroom Modifications
- *Must own home – not rent*
- Special Medical Supplies*
- Nutritional Supplements
- Incontinent Supplies – Briefs, bed pads, wipes, gloves, etc.
- Weighted Blankets and Clothing
- Disability-Related Equipment or Supplies
- Supported Employment after funding is denied by DBHDD and Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation
- Exploration and Application Assistance
- Job Skills Development
- Job Coaching
- Long-term Supports
- and much more!
*All therapies, dental, medical, vision, and special medical supplies must be completely denied by both state and private insurance companies and not be available through ANY other funding resource. Family Supports CAN NOT pay co-pays or towards insurance deductibles.
Please be aware that the Family Supports Program does currently have a Wait List to get into services. Please contact the Family Supports Coordinator for current Wait List times.
For more information:
Please contact our Family Supports Representative, Vanessa Hawkins by:
Call or Text 423-280-7754
Bridge Health in the News
BBQ Fundraising Event
BBQ Fundraising Event Bridge Health will be holding a spirit night at Choo Choo BBQ on March 14th in Chickamauga from 4 PM – 8 PM. Please share the attached flyer with your family and friends. Our program will receive a portion of the evening sales for...
March Board Meeting
March Board Meeting Notice of scheduled Board Meeting March 9, 2023, at 5:00 PM The meeting will be held at the administrative offices located at 501 Mize Street, LaFayette, Georgia. The meeting is open to the public. For more information please reach...
Bowling with Bridge Health
Bridge Health in the News